CPCCWHS1001- Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry (Release 1)
Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work.
The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others.
It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
This unit meets the general construction induction training requirements of:
- Part 1.1 Definitions and Part 6.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety Regulations;
- Division 11 of Part 3 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 for Western Australia; and
- Division 3 of Part 5.1 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007 for Victoria.
- It is expected that site-specific induction training will be conducted prior to conducting construction work.
- Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit.
For more information